Our School and Community:
Huonville High School is a co-educational comprehensive high school offering a secondary education for students from Year 7-12.
The grade 11 and 12 Tasmanian Qualification Authority subjects are those required to support students doing VET courses at the Trade Training Centre.
Servicing a rural community, the School is situated in the township of Huonville, which is located 42 kilometres south of Hobart. Huonville is the active centre of the Huon Municipality, a community of diverse socio-economic circumstances and interests.
- To create positive pathways for students to maximize their potential and for them to develop into effective citizens
- To be the high school of choice for all students in our associated primary schools
- To provide a rich range of learning opportunities that encourage high standards of achievement and development
- To provide pathways which acknowledge that each student is an individual
- To create partnerships which link us to the broader community
- To embrace a supportive and caring pastoral care system
- Successful Student Learning – We value original ideas, demonstration of enterprise and innovation.
- Excellence – We encourage individual excellence and the display of pride and satisfaction in personal achievement.
- Community Interaction – We recognise the value of working with parents/carers and the wider community.
- Safety and Fairness – We promote tolerance and demonstrate a commitment to social justice.